Thu, Sep 30|
Creative Kickstart Challenge
A month-long creativity challenge in October 2021 hosted by Matthew Foley.
Time & Location
Sep 30, 2021, 7:00 PM EDT – Nov 01, 2021, 8:00 PM EDT
About the Event
Is your creative life in need of a kickstart?
Are you a writer, musician, artist, or creator of any kind looking to reignite your creative fire?
Are you ready to start that creative project you’ve been dreaming about… or commit to practicing your artistic craft on a more daily basis?
If this is you, I invite you to join me in October for a month-long creativity challenge...
THE CREATIVE KICKSTART CHALLENGE.
For the 31 days of October, you will be a part of a supportive community dedicated to practicing our creativity every day, nurturing our creative confidence, and creating some kick-ass gorgeous art together.
Along the way, I’ll be supporting each participant’s journey with my creative expertise as a writer, poet, certified life coach, creativity coach, and former English & Creative Writing teacher.
By joining the Creative Kickstart Challenge, you will commit to:
• Practicing your creativity every day from October 1st - 31st. The recommended daily goal is 30 minutes of creative activity each day.
• Posting regularly in the Facebook group, which could include sharing reflections on your creative process or posting your newest artistic creations.
• Taking part in at least 6 of the 9 Zoom gatherings, including virtual creativity sessions & open mics to share our work.
Throughout these 31 days, we’ll be co-creating a community experience to support our commitment to creativity & to hold each other accountable to our goals.
There will be a number of ways to be connected to this community:
• A kick-off Zoom gathering on Thursday, September 30th @ 8 pm (EST). This will be a space to meet other participants in the challenge & share your creative intentions for the month ahead. There will also be a similar closing gathering at the end of the challenge on Monday, November 1 @ 8 pm (EST).
• Four virtual creativity sessions where we will meet up on Zoom & create an intentional space for each participant to work on their own creative projects for an hour. Each person will be doing their own creative activity (with Zoom cameras on or off, depending on your preference) but with a sense of community support and creative camaraderie. These virtual creativity sessions will take place on the follow dates:
Tuesday, October 5 @ 8 pm (EST)
Tuesday, October 12 @ 8 pm (EST)
Tuesday, October 19 @ 8 pm (EST)
Tuesday, October 26 @ 8 pm (EST)
• Three check-in & open mic sessions where each participant will have a safe space to open up about their creative process, including sharing new creative work. This might include reading a poem aloud, playing a new song, asking for feedback on a new design, or asking for support on a current creative block. The check-in & open mic sessions will take place on the following dates:
Sunday, October 10 @ 8 pm (EST)
Sunday, October 17 @ 8 pm (EST)
Sunday, October 24 @ 8 pm (EST)
There are two payment options available for the Creative Kickstart Challenge. You can pay in full with a one-time payment of $250. Or you can split the cost of the challenge into two payments of $150, one due before October 1st and the second due by October 15th, for a total of $300.
Registration for the Creative Kickstart Challenge is now open in the checkout below.
Look forward to seeing you in October for the start of our creative journey!
- Matthew Foley
Pay in Full
A one-time payment for the entire Creative Kickstart Challenge.$250.00
Pay First Half (Total $300)
This is the initial payment of $150 due at the start of the course. The second payment of $150 will be paid via invoice by October 15th.$150.00