MOVE YOUR BODY & SOUL
Time & Location
About the Event
Starting on August 1st, I’m inviting you to join me for 31 days of embodied movement in a challenge I’m calling MOVE YOUR BODY & SOUL.
The intention of this challenge is to use movement to connect more deeply with our bodies & our true selves.
Unlike the typical fitness challenge, the goal here is not merely to lose weight or burn more calories each day.
Instead, my intention is to create a community to explore embodied movement as a pathway to greater self-love and self-discovery.
Over these 31 days, we will be moving both body AND soul.
The reason for this emphasis on movement as an activity of both body & soul is a very personal one.
I’ve loved movement of all kinds throughout my life - from running and cycling, to weightlifting and surfing, to yoga and long walks in nature.
But what keeps me showing up to these movement activities is not numbers on a scale or a certain body fat percentage.
What keeps me moving is the knowledge that I’m showing up as my best self every time I honor my body through healthy exercise & conscious movement.
Embodied movement then becomes not just a way to lose weight or achieve that summer beach body, but a means of knowing ourselves more deeply & stepping more fully into our strength and personal power.
That’s what MOVE YOUR BODY & SOUL is all about.
The details of the challenge are simple:
• Move your body every day for 31 days.
• Each day's movement activities should ideally total at least 30 minutes. (This is a recommendation: you’re welcome to do more & less depending on your day’s schedule).
• The movement activities you choose are entirely up to you. Your daily movement can include walking, yoga, dancing, weightlifting, hiking, yard work, kayaking, surfing, or anything that sounds good to your body.
• Take part in at least 7 of the 10 group calls & classes, including 4 weekly yoga classes I’ll be teaching online.
Throughout these 31 days, we’ll be co-creating a community experience to support our commitment to movement & to hold each other accountable to our goals.
There will be a number of ways to be connected to this community:
• A private Facebook group to share movement activities & reflections on your journey throughout the challenge.
• 5 group Zoom calls for support, accountability, and sharing on the following dates:
Sunday, August 1 - 9 am (EST)
Sunday, August 8 - 7 pm (EST)
Sunday, August 15 - 9 am (EST)
Sunday, August 22 - 7 pm (EST)
Tuesday, August 31 - 7 pm (EST)
• 4 weekly online yoga classes led by me (Matthew Foley) on the following dates:
Saturday, August 7 - 9 am (EST)
Thursday, August - 12 7 pm (EST)
Thursday, August - 19 7 pm (EST)
Sunday, August 29 - 9 am (EST)
• And a group hike at the conclusion of the month in Asheville, North Carolina on Saturday, August 28.
Registration for MOVE YOUR BODY & SOUL is now open in the checkout below.
If you register by Friday July 23, you can take advantage of a special early bird price of only $150.
The regular price of $180 will be available Saturday, July 24 through Saturday, July 31.
I hope you will join me for this journey of movement & self-discovery in the month of August. Look forward to seeing you on August 1st our first Zoom call to kick off MOVE YOUR BODY & SOUL.
- Join the Challenge$180$1800$0